TA Foundation course - 2024
Using TA philosophy and practice YTCi trainers will create a supportive atmosphere in which you can safely develop both professionally and personally. TA training is focused on both professional and personal growth. The workshops will include theoretical input, discussions, supervision and self experience. You will learn TA concepts and methodology and apply the theory to your personal development and your professional practice. You will have opportunity for using the TA approaches within the group and for receiving supervision of your professional practice.
The concepts covered provide the foundation for all TA psychotherapy, coaching, leadership development and counselling work.
16 modules over a 2 year period - leading to a YTCi certificate in TA concepts. The 16 modules which form the TA foundation course plus the 101 course will provide participants with the knowledge and understanding of TA concepts to develop their personal and professional application prior to joining the advanced group.
TA training is process orientated and competency-based offering you the opportunity for personal and professional reflection. This is reflected in the course design, and through all TA training and in the requirements of the final external examination process.
Many attend TA training with their promary goal being personal and professional development without intending to take the external examinations, if you are in this position you will be welcome to join the training group and to explore how the group can best meet your requirements. TA training at YTCi can also lead to TA qualification as a Certified Transactional Analyst, in the psychotherapy or counselling field, with external examinations run by the European Association for Transactional Analysis.
Participants must have attended the TA 101 course prior to joining, or attend the next available 101 course at YTCi. This course is a requirement prior to joining the Advanced TA training groups as well as the coaching and leadership supervision / training groups run by YTCi.
It is recommended that participants also attend personal psychotherapy and this is a requirement prior to the use of TA concepts professionally with clients.
You can join at any time of the year - however the expectation is that you will go on to contract with YTCi to complete the whole of the foundation course.
YTCi Certificate in TA requirements:
- For those in Romania or Eastern Europ who are self funding: the fee is 5500 Ron Payable for / 8 modules / 12 days.
- This can be paid by 10 instalments if agreed in advance with YTCi in which case the fee is 5500 Ron. (10 x 550 Ron - with the first instalment due in one month prior to joining the course.)
- For those who are funded or are from Western Europe / rest of the world the fee is 2200€ / Year payable one month prior to commencing. Payment by instalments is also possible - please contact Dave at YTCi to arrange a payment schedule that works for you.
- YTCi can offer a limited number of reduced fee places when financial issues prevent a person joining the groups - please contact YTCi to discuss your situation if you wish to apply for a reduced fee.
- Attendance at the course and to make two presentations to the group regarding their application / understanding of TA during their foundation course.
- In order to receive the YTCi certificate then the participant must attend for a minimum of 75% of all modules and must also attend at least 75% of a module to be counted as being in attendance at that module.