CTA - Exam Preparation with YTCi - online - hybrid - in-person
Exam prep can me made with individual sessions, or small group, Dave runs a CTA exam prep group which is meeting for 12 days during 2024. The contract for this group is that each session will focus on CTA exam preparation in the psychotherapy or counselling field. In advance of each group meeting the members are invited to send: Transcripts of client work with “front sheets” and excerpts from their written exams for feedback prior to the workshop.
For the CTA examination you will need to prepare a 24,000 rod written exam, and after your succesful written examination you will need to prepare for the CTA oral examination - which requires 3 recordings of your work with clients.
Dave and Uta are extremely experienced examiners for the CTA examination, with Uta recently running the WEW for EATA - this is the training workshop for examiners which EATA require all examiners to attend.
There is currently an exam prep group based in Bucharest - we can also organise small online groups or if you can travel to Nürnberg in Germany then we can also meet for in person groups either in Schwabach / Fürth where we are based.
Bucharest exam prep group - 2024 Dates: Tuesdays plus two Wednesdays - 12 days in 10 Modules.
- Feb 13 - in person
- March 19 - online
- April 16 - in person
- April 24 - in person 10 - 1pm
- May 21 / 22 - in person
- June 11 - in person
- Sep 17 / 18 - in person
- October 22 - online
- Nov 19 - online
- Dec 10 - in person
Exam prep group entry requirements:
- A commitment to taking the CTA examination.
- A valid EATA training contract.
- A minimum of 75 % of the EATA requirements for the CTA examination.
- A YTCi diploma or equivalent.
- Participants commit to being in the group until they pass their CTA examination or for a minimum of one year.
- Following their success the member will return to the group one more time to celebrate together
Online or Hybrid - Then please read the page regarding the requirements for hybrid or online zoom meetings
- Regular attendance and participation in the training groups - a certificate of attendance is awarded for attendance to the training groups.
- To receive the certificate of attendance for each module you must attend a minimum of 75% of the module.
- Completion of one assignment – this can be assessed written work or presentations and a self and peer assessment at the end of each year.
- Maintain an up to date training log, which includes self reflections on experience of training, supervision, therapy and practice of TA.
- Members of the group are required to be members of their national TA association and to comply with the requirements and ethical standards of EATA.
- The YTCi training Director has the final say in whether trainees can continue in membership of the training group
YTCi Diploma in TA Applications:
CTA Qualification as a psychotherapist or in the counselling field:
- As recognition for your professional application of TA we have created the YTCi diploma in TA applications.
- See the diploma page for details.
- Completion of the YTCi diploma is is a requirement to join the examination preparation group.
Accreditation: is by the European Association of Transactional Analysis, (EATA) which is registered in Switzerland as a non-profit organisation. This body administers standards in competency based international examinations for qualification as Transactional Analysts.
- External EATA examinations and qualification as a Transactional Analyst Psychotherapist.
- See the EATA training handbook for details of the exam requirements, structure and process.
- See section 5 of the EATA handbook for a description of the 4 fields of of TA including psychotherapy and counselling.
a. TSTA Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst.
b. PTSTA Provisional Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst
c. CTA Certified Transactional Analyst.
Cost for 2024:
- €2600 when you are funded or when living and working outside of Romania and 7000 Ron for those living in Romania or East Europe and are self funding.
- When you are self funding it is possible to pay by instalments - if this would enable you to attend the training: For example 700 Ron deposit when submitting your application followed by 9 further monthly payments of 700 Ron.
- Please note that payments are for membership - not attendance and once membership of the group is agreed the whole years fees become due - the allowance to pay by instalments is an exception to enable as many as possible to attend. See the YTCi payments page for details of methods of payments and the administration contract regarding the payment of fees and cancellation policies. There are several methods of payment - please ask for details
Please complete the YTCi application form which also is a contract between YTCi and the trainee. Please sign and send the application form to YTCi. Your membership will be confirmed for the year once you have paid the fee or your first instalment. Please sign and send your application to YTCi Dave Spenceley TSTA